I wanted to bring your attention to a wonderful interview with my friend, the very talented Dino Andrade. Dino has been involved in the world of voice acting far longer than I have and has more war stories than either of us care to count! What I love most about Dino’s Interview, however, is his obvious enthusiasm for games and animation coupled with a savvy and practicality about the business of voice acting.
He’s got a lot of insight into what it takes to be a successful voice actor. Some of his more important points are:
- He started as an actor on stage doing comedy improv.
- He knows the history of the entertainment industry and understands how to navigate its currents.
- He believes without reservation that games are in fact art.
- He brings all of himself to a performance, especially when voicing the Scarecrow in the game Arkham Asylum.
- He’s learned how to self-direct as a voice actor.
- He affirms that type-casting is your friend as a voice actor.
There is so much wonderful information, candor and useful advice in this interview. I highly encourage you to read it thoroughly!
Also, Dino runs an incredible dating site for fans called SoulGeek.com
. It’s the place to find a geek of your own, a place where it’s okay to let your fan flag fly and share your enthusiasm for all things Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, Animation, Anime, Gaming, Comics, etc. He has many testimonials on the website
from people who have found romance on SoulGeek.com
and I highly recommend it.